Our team is growing so check back often for opportunities to work with us. We also provide recruitment services for select clients and post those positions here as well. Take a look the listings below, if something strikes your fancy, and you’ve got the goods, go ahead throw your hat in the ring. We look forward to hearing from you.
An Accounting Assistant has the important role of recorder of transactions and record keeper at CORBIN HILL FOOD PROJECT, a not for profit organization. The Accounting Assistant is primarily responsible for updating and maintaining accounting records, including revenue, expenditures, accounts payable and grants and accounts receivable, and profit and loss. See website for more information on CHFP corbinhill-foodproject.org.
CORBIN HILL FOOD PROJECT ‘s Accounting Assistant will have several key responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely recording and reporting of CORBIN HILL FOOD PROJECT’s financial transactions and operations by program and or grant.
- Monitor cash flow and frequently report to management.
- Participate in an effective interface between accounting, development and programs.
- Prepare and process payments to vendors by check, record and monitor accounts payable.
- Process bank deposits by preparing deposit slip, entering the data in the accounting system and making deposits at the bank.
- Record funds transfers and debit card transactions.
- Post journal entries as required.
- Process year end 1099’s.
- Record invoices for billing to wholesale customers.
- Prepare weekly Cash Flow analysis of revenue and expenditures in Dashboard.
- Participate in the annual audit process and perform other office duties as requested.
- Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent in experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years experience in non profit accounting preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office specifically Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate in interactions with grantors and staff.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kitchen Table Consultants Entrepreneurial Food & Farm Consultant
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
At Kitchen Table Consultants (KTC) our goal is simple – to help passionate farmers and food artisans build lasting, profitable, locally-focused businesses. We accomplish this by working alongside our clients. No stuffy business plans that get thrown on the shelf, never to be looked at again. We have real-world experience and bring that to our work every day. We have walked a mile in your shoes and understand first-hand the challenges facing small businesses. We are results oriented, and our work is about actionable steps to make your business or nonprofit stronger and more profitable.
This is a unique, entrepreneurial opportunity. Are you an entrepreneur that has something to share with other business owner? Do folks often ask you for advice? Are you a solo consultant that is looking for a collaborative, supportive team and operational support, while maintaining your independence?
We need someone with the same set of values to join our team. We don’t want someone just like us, but we do need you to have many of the following:
Characteristics & Experiences:
- Passion for small business and or Non-profit organizations (again, small).
- You need to have had at least 5 jobs (more is preferable) and/or multiple businesses.
- You should have had/have your own business, or at the very least, be intent upon having your own business in the near future. (guess what, we want to support that, too) Or have had a leadership role running someone else’s business and know what it is like to hire, fire and have felt the pain and fear of not making payroll.
- You have to have failed, pretty big, and you have to have learned from that failure and be able to share it.
You may have been fired, maybe more than once.
- You want to share your knowledge, experiences and expertise, to make sure others can learn from your mistakes.
- You understand the fine line between passion and emotion
- You know what will wake you up at night and you can explain that to a client.
- You probably “know it all”, but also can admit when you are wrong, quickly and without protecting your own ego/stature/reputation.
We are also looking for the following: (and if you have them all, then you should start your own firm…)
- Numbers: Excel, Quickbooks, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Forecasting, Budgeting, Cash Flow
- Marketing: Branding, community connecting, social media, strategy, networking,
- People skills: You have to be patient, but at the same time, hold your clients accountable and know when to answer their questions vs question their answers. You need to have compassion, but also hold their feet to the fire and you need to know when to fire yourself.
- Organizational: You can work by yourself, but also enjoy having an intense conversation. You can have an ego, but you need to know you do. You will have to have a thick skin and a quick wit, as we all don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Technology: You need to know and own a highly functioning computer and smartphone. Word, Excel, Google Docs & Email proficiency are going to make or break you. A calendar in the cloud will keep us all connected. If any of this is foreign or scares you, let us know before we go too far, please.
What you get from us:
- Business cards
- Integrity, and a real drive to help leaders be successful
- A typical new business with bumps in the road, evolving systems, stuff we have not figured out yet
- Tools of the trade: Forms, processes, SOP’s, built in provider/supplier relationships
- Marketing: Website, existing growth, meaningful relationships in the community
- Proven History-successfully worked with over 100 clients since 2008
- Financial stability
- Desire to create a national consulting firm
- A shoulder to lean on 24×7, period. We’ve been there and done it (and screwed it up, too, but have learned from our mistakes and will share freely)
- Flexibility: Run your client base like it is your own business with meaningful support
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a 1099 position. We will pay you a significant amount of the fees you earn and will pay referral fees for clients you bring in for others on our team. Don’t kid yourself, this is entrepreneurial…, but we also provide a financial backstop–we pay immediately, don’t stretch your cashflow and even provide advances against future work when you need them.
CEO for PDB Group
PDB Group, a start-up, innovative, cutting-edge seafood company, is currently seeking a CEO to take the company to the next level (we had nearly $1MM in sales in 2016), over $10M in sales by 2020. This virtual position will work closely with the founder and chef creator as well as an involved board of investors.
Our founder has created, patented and sold, the most perfectly cooked Maine lobster tail you have ever tasted, succulent in texture and dressed with a rich butter sauce. With the first bite, your eyes close with pleasure, and then widen with disbelief that lobster – which comes with high expectations – could be even better than you expected it to be. Now imagine that this lobster tail is available at your beckoning, from your grocer’s freezer, and could be prepared perfectly in 3 minutes in your microwave. Not only is it delicious, but also the lobster is sustainably sourced, traceable to the boat and location where it was caught, along with a sauce that has also been crafted with care, with butter from a small dairy local dairy. You don’t have to imagine it, you can have it all.
We are currently seeking the next round of investment and a CEO to take the company to the next level, $10M in sales by 2020. Today, our product available in Wakefern stores, and select Costco and Sam’s Club stores, along with a handful of specialty retailers. The product has 3 SKUs – classic butter, scampi butter, and lemon butter – and pack size configurations of 1, 2 or 4 tails per box. The next phase of our product and brand will include the launch of a patented lobster cutlet, lobster mac & cheese, and lobster sauces, all of which have been prototyped in a production facility.
The best fit CEO for PDB Group would be an MBA with CPG C-level experience who is looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity to build equity in a fast growing company. The CEO should have experience with seafood market demand, raising funds, and growing relationships with retailers, along with enthusiasm to develop an off the shelf strategy for this product. Apply in confidence here.